This Policy applies to our customers, vendors, employees and partners (such as drivers and reward partners), contractors and service providers (collectively “you”, “your” or “yours”).
“Personal Data” is any information which can be used to identify you. This includes but is not limited to your name, phone number, digital wallet details, email address, your profile image and national identification numbers, gender and date of birth, vehicle and insurance information.
Details of how we collect your Personal Data are listed below. Where you have multiple interaction with us; for example if you are both a driver partner as well as a consumer to our Apps, we will link your Personal Data collected across various capabilities to facilitate the most efficient way to use of our Services.
We collect your Personal Data when you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, when you:
- complete a user profile update such as your name, contact information and other identification information where essential
- provide information to register as an E-Cab Nepal driver partner (such as your device, driver’s license information, vehicle information and insurance details);
- verify your identity through various means including but not limited to mobile number verification process and email logins);
- interact with our social media pages or participate in contests or events organized by E-Cab Nepal (such as your social media account ID and any other publicly available data);
- Personal Data may be collected through the use of our services. For example:
- We collect precise or approximate location data from a passenger’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so. For Driver App, E-Cab Nepal collects location data when the App is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but minimized) of their mobile device. Passengers may use the E-Cab App without enabling E-Cab to collect location data from their mobile devices. However this may affect some functionality available in the App. For example – a user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their pick up address. In addition to this, the location data collected from a driver’s device during a trip may be linked to the passengers account, even if a passenger have not enabled location data to be collected from their device for purposes such as; generation of Invoice, customer support, fraud detection and dispute management. See section “USE OF PERSONAL DATA” for more details on how we use the location data.
- In-apps ratings and feedback;
- transaction information (such as payment method and distance travelled);
Personal Data may be collected from other sources such as;
- referral programmes
- our business partners such as payment providers, reward partners, driver partners
- insurance providers
- publicly available sources of data
- Marketing services providers or partners
- when our users share ride details with you
If you are a Driver partner, we may collect below data
When you provide Data of other individuals to us; For example;
- your GPS location
- your personal details (such as your name, contact information, gender
- other identification information such as your vehicle registration data, License & Insurance Information
- When you add your family members or friends as your emergency contact in the App
- When you share your ride details to family and friends via email or short message service (sms)
- When you refer family and friends to use E-Cab Nepal services
If you provide us with their Personal Data, you hereby warrant that you have obtained their consent for their Personal Data to be collected, used and disclosed as set out in this Policy.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA (“The Purpose)
E-Cab Nepal may use and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
Providing services and features -
- Your Personal Data will be used to provide you with Services across our various business verticals including but not limited to;
- verify your identity, administer and update your account & preferences;
- validate your ride, track the progress of your trip, calculate fares and process payments;
- enable personalized features such as lists of your favorite places and previous destinations
- Assess eligibility for promotions and rewards as well as processing rewards where applicable;
- improve our Apps, services and websites via your essential feedback
- Location Data – Location data is collected to improve pickups and drop-offs accuracy. It is used in finding the Cab’s nearer to the location from where the request has been sent. This is also important to use one of the safety features in our App where Passengers can share their locations and estimated arrival times with friends and families through the app.
- Passengers: The Passenger app will use your location after you book a ride to exhibit your exact location to the Cab drivers nearby for a ride request and guide them to your location for a pick-up. It helps drivers to locate the pick-up and drop-off address easily. This feature also enables you to track your drivers when they are on their way to the pickup point, thereby helps you understand when you will receive the cabs. Passengers can share their locations and estimated arrival times with friends and family through the app.
- Drivers: The Driver app will track your background location to match you with the nearby passengers that request a ride. This provides a Driver with the maximum opportunity to find a ride and increase their earnings. It will also let the passengers know how far you are from their location. The location works by finding the nearest passenger requesting a ride and then the App displays the ride for you to Accept or Deny. The location data will be used to recommend the most efficient route for the Trip based on pick-up and drop-off addresses.
We use your data to ensure the Safety and Security of all users. This includes:
- validating drivers and partners before enabling their use of our Services;
- verifying your identity when you log in to E-Cab Nepal;
- using location, profile and other Personal Data to pre-empt, detect and resolve fraudulent or unsafe activities;
sharing location details when “Share My Ride” feature is utilized;
E-Cab Nepal support team may use Personal Data to resolve user support issues
For example, to investigate, monitor & resolve concerns pertaining to the use of our services, respond to inquiries, comments and feedback; and keep you informed of essential steps taken to resolve issues.
DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We need to share Personal Data with various parties for the Purposes outlined below:
Connect Customers and Driver Partners
- If you are a Customer, we may share your pick-up and drop-off locations with our driver partner fulfilling your request including phone number for Driver partners to co-ordinate pick up location.
- If you are a driver partner, we may share your Personal Data with your passenger requesting pick up, including your name and photo; your vehicle make, model, number plate, location and average rating.
With Third Parties
- If you are a Customer, we may share vehicle’s location and driver’s details with designated third parties of your choice when you use the “Share My Ride” feature.
- If you are a driver-partner, we may disclose your vehicle details or other personal data to the insurance company and/or to your passenger for the purpose of insurance claims, where deemed essential by the applicable laws.
With subsidiaries and affiliates -
- we may share Personal Data with our subsidiaries, associated affiliates or jointly controlled companies.
With E-Cab Nepal’s service providers and business partners -
We may provide Personal Data to our vendors, marketing partners and other service providers or business partners. For example, if you used a promotion/discounts provided by an E-Cab Nepal partner, we may share your Personal Data with those partners. Our partners may integrate with our App or vice versa to deliver a promotion, competition or other specialized service. This includes:
- payment processors and facilitators;
- data storage providers;
- marketing partners;
- reward partners
- insurance partners;
- vendors & suppliers
With our legal advisors and governmental authorities -
We may share your Personal Data with our legal advisors, law enforcement officers or government authorities to fulfil the legal purposes or any of the following circumstances:
- Comply with court orders or other legal, governmental or regulatory requirements.
- Where it is necessary to respond to an emergency situation.
- Protect our rights or property in the event of a claim or dispute.
- We may also use your Personal Data in the event of mergers & acquisition, sale of company assets or restructuring of all or part of our business.
Marketing and promotions -
We may use your Personal Data to market E-Cab Nepal and E-Cab Nepal’s partners’ products, services, events or promotions via phone call, short message service, push notification and by email. For example, we may:
- Send you notifications, updates, promotional materials or festive greetings;
- Notify, invite and manage your participation in our events or activities.
We retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the Purposes outlined in this policy. Once you delete the app or close the account, your Personal Data will no longer be essential for the Services or Purposes, however we may retain user data to fulfil legal or regulatory obligations or for reasons stated in this policy.
Your Personal Data may be transferred from country (“Home Country”) in which you are located or have registered from; to Nepal for the purpose of using our Services in Nepal. When we transfer your Personal Data from your Home Country to Nepal, we will comply with legal and regulatory obligations in relation to your Personal Data in accordance with the obligations in Nepal.
You consent to transfer your Personal Data from your Home Country to Nepal at the time you register and provide you’re Personal Data.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable legal, organizational and technical measures to ensure that your Personal Data is protected. This includes measures to prevent Personal Data from getting lost, or used/accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your Personal Data to our employees on a need to know basis. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted through any online means, therefore, any transmission remains at your own risk.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
You can access and update your personal information via your account profile settings. If you’re unable to update or rectify specific inaccurate information, you may contact us via an e-mail.
AMENDMENTS AND UPDATES
E-Cab Nepal may modify, update or amend the terms of this policy at any time. The updated version will be posted on the website http://www.ecabnepal.com. Your continued use of the Apps, Websites, Services from E-Cab Nepal or continuing to communicate or engage with E-Cab Nepal following the modifications, updates or amendments to this policy, whether or not reviewed by you, shall constitute your agreement to be bound by such amendments.
If you have any queries about this Policy, please contact our Team at:
3rd Floor, Quest Building
Khusibu Link Road-17
The original policy was written in the English; In the event of any conflict between the English and Nepali language versions, the English version shall prevail.